Originally published: 11/13/2017; Updated: 9/23/2019
Las Vegas is known as Sin City, and there is no shortage of things to eat, drink, do, and see while you are here. This is definitely a great place to do a quick weekend trip. Anything longer than 3 or 4 days is a little overwhelming!
While some weekends are busier than others, there are literally hundreds of things going on in Vegas every night of the week. Here is how to spend a weekend in Las Vegas:
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas is an affordable option right in the middle of everything on the Strip.
- The Stratosphere (now called the Strat) is a very affordable option at the end of the strip.
- We are huge Cirque du Soleil fans, and Las Vegas has so many great Cirque shows to see. We had never seen Zumanity before, and we’ve heard great things about it. We highly, highly recommend you see Zumanity, but be warned: It is called “the sensual side of Cirque du Soleil” for a reason! We liked this show because it transitioned from very dramatic to funny and of course had some great acts. Zumanity is at New York, New York. This show is 18+.
- Located at The Venetian, Tao is a really popular spot for celebrities and is known for great food. When you eat at the restaurant, you are also given complimentary admission into Tao Nightclub.
Gordon Ramsay Pub
- Gordon Ramsay has really taken over the dining scene in Vegas. Currently he has three restaurants with a fourth one opening soon. We ate at the Gordon Ramsay Pub for lunch at Caesar’s Palace. Yes, it is extremely overpriced, but we had so much fun we didn’t even care!
- You can’t go to Vegas without trying one of the buffets! While we were hotel hopping, we stopped at the Cosmopolitan and tried their buffet, Wicked Spoon. While I don’t personally eat enough for the buffet to be worth it, they had a lot of great breakfast and lunch options as well as some international cuisine to choose from. The decor and theme was pretty neat, and it was fun walking through the Cosmopolitan.
- Located at Caesar’s Palace
- Located at Golden Nugget
Hard Rock Cafe
- Gluten free menu and Impossible burger
Vanderpump Cocktail Garden
Chayo at Linq Promenade
Buy to-go drinks and walk along the Strip
Zipline at Fremont Street Experience
- This was our adventurous part of the trip. There is a zipline that goes over part of Fremont Street under the canopy. This was definitely a unique experience, and Fremont Street is a pretty entertaining place to see and makes for some great people watching. (And the drinks are pretty cheap!)
- All of the hotels are really unique and worth seeing. We spent the day time hotel hopping. Some of the decor is just unbelievable, especially at hotels like Caesars Palace and The Venetian. Set aside some time to hotel hop. This is also a great way to bar hop as well.
- There is no shortage of shopping. Some of the hotels have malls attached to them (like Planet Hollywood, where we stayed). Others have malls inside them, like Caesars Palace. If you are looking for cheap souvenirs, a trip to Fremont Street might be worth it as things seemed less expensive there.
- One of the many, many fun things you can do at night is go to a night swim pool party at one of the nightclubs. We went to Encore Beach Club, and it was so much fun getting to party outside! If nightclubs aren’t your thing, there are literally so many fun things to choose from. Between the shows, clubs, bars, restaurants, gambling, and more, I promise you will find something you like!
A great thing that you can purchase for your weekend in Las Vegas is the Las Vegas Pass where you can do 50+ attractions in the Las Vegas area, like the Eiffel Tower, Stratosphere, the Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage, and tons more!
Now we want hear what your favorite things to do in Vegas are! Let us know in the comments!
Like it? Pin it!