Our family definitely has the travel bug, but there are times when we aren’t able to travel for various reasons: work, financial, family, health, etc. Even when we can’t go on trips, we are still usually doing travel-related things at home. Here are some things to do when you can’t travel.
“To travel is to live”
– Hans Christian Andersen
Unfortunately due to the coronavirus this is not a great time for the travel and tourism industry and those of us who love to travel. We have had to postpone some upcoming trips in April, but we are more concerned with the local businesses that rely on tourism income. If you have any suggestions or recommendations for what to do to help out, please leave a comment!
So, if you’re stuck at home due to the coronavirus, here are some things you can do around the house to keep the travel dream alive!
Things To Do at Home When You Can’t Travel
- Redecorate. We have so many souvenirs and decorations we’ve gotten while traveling. Now is a great time to work on displaying all those things around the house (or get rid of anything you don’t want).
- Travel virtually. One pretty great thing we’ve seen online is that many museums, theaters, and galleries are offering virtual tours that you can do from the comfort of your own couch.
- Make a bucket list or vision board, if you don’t have one already. We love daydreaming about all the places we’d like to visit in the future.
- Focus on local places that you can visit. Although right now we should practice social distancing, when we get through this our local communities will need our support. Think of some places nearby that you have always wanted to visit and start planning.
- Watch movies. Take this opportunity to inspire your wanderlust by watching some movies. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment! We recommend: Midnight in Paris, The Holiday, Into The Wild, Grand Budapest Hotel, Roman Holiday, Up.
These are just a few things you can do at home to keep the wanderlust going. We would love to hear your suggestions for what you are doing during this coronavirus time! Here is to everyone staying safe and healthy!