We had such a fun time attending Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party this year! Because we are Annual Passholders, we don’t always love to spend extra money to get into the parks. However, we haven’t been to Not So Scary in several years and thought we should check it out again. It did not disappoint! It was so festive getting to see Magic Kingdom all spooky. One of the best parts is the people watching and seeing what costumes other guests are wearing. Some of you are so creative! There is a lot to see and do at Not So Scary. Here are some of our favorite things to do at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
These are the top 5 things to do at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party:
- Hocus Pocus Villain SPELLtacular: The Hocus Pocus show was definitely a standout of the night. In our opinion it actually overshadowed the parade. If you are trying to maximize your time during the party, we recommend seeing the Hocus Pocus show and skipping the parade.
- Trick or Treat: Getting to trick or treat throughout the Magic Kingdom is so much fun! They don’t skimp on the candy, either. If you have food allergies or are vegan, they have allergy friendly candy. You collect tokens at each of the trick or treat spots, and then collect your candy at one of two stations. You can find them on the map!
- PhotoPass: There are lots of great PhotoPass options at the party. One of our perks of being Annual Passholders is we get our PhotoPass pictures for free, so we took full advantage and tried to take as many fun photos as we could. Some of them even have fun surprises.
- Go on rides: While all the Halloween stuff is fun, we really were there for the rides. We don’t go to Magic Kingdom too often because it’s usually so crowded, so we tried to take full advantage of the lower wait times. Some of the lines still had a wait (i.e. Seven Dwarfs Main Train had about a 45 minute wait all night) but for the most part we were able to go on a lot of rides. New this year Disney also added some Halloween Fun to three rides, which we really loved! They were small details, but really made the night a lot more fun. (We highly recommend going on Space Mountain!)
- Character meet and greets: There were a TON of characters out at the party, and a lot of them are in their Halloween costumes! We did not do any character meet and greets, and this is something we regret not carving out time for. This is also when you can meet Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
There is also plenty of great merchandise and themed food and drinks. We definitely think this specialty ticketed event is worth the money. We only wish it was a little longer!
Check out the remaining dates this year here.
Have you been to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? What did you like and/or dislike about it? Comment below!
Like this post? Pin it!