Albuquerque is the culturally diverse, hot air ballooning capital of the world. It is the largest city in New Mexico where the weather is usually nice, and there’s plenty of things to see and do. Between the hiking, golfing, shopping, great restaurants, skiing, thriving art scene, and museums, you will have a great time during your stay in Albuquerque.
Here are 10 things to do in Albuquerque, New Mexico:
- Hot Air Balloon Ride – After all, you are in the hot air balloon capital of the world. We did a sunrise ride while we were here, and it was spectacular. Keep your eye out for the Balloon Fiesta that takes place in early October.
- Sandia Peak – You can hike or take the Aerial Tramway up to the peak of the Sandia Mountains. If you are here during winter, there is also skiing.
- Historic Old Town – A fixture of Albuquerque for almost three centuries, Historic Old Town has museums, shopping, restaurants, art, and more. It’s a great area to spend the day walking around.
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center – Learn more about New Mexico’s 19 pueblos and Native American culture and history.
- Bosque Trail – This is a great biking and hiking trail. It goes for 16 miles and parallels the Rio Grande.
- Breaking Bad Tour – This is a must-do for fans of the show. Visit film locations and learn interesting history about the area. There are self-guided or trolley tours available.
- ABQ BioPark – Home to 250+ species from all over the world, this bio-park has four facilities, including a 64 acre zoo with open-air habitats.
- ARTScrawl – The first Friday of every month enjoy a citywide gallery tour where you can see interesting exhibits, receptions and demonstrations.
- Kimo Theatre – Opened in 1927, the Kimo Theatre has a unique Pueblo Deco-style facade. It hosts a variety of shows, or you can see the inside of the theater during office hours.
- San Felipe de Neri Church – This historic Catholic Church was built in 1706. It is located in Old Town and features regular mass service, a museum and a gift shop.
What are your favorite things to do in Albuquerque? Let us know in the comments!
Like this post? Save it on Pinterest!