Top 10 Tips For First Time Cruisers!
Post by Carol
10. Fly in the night before to be on the safe side. It will give you more of a cushion in case of weather delays, lost luggage, etc.
9. If traveling abroad, look into an international call package before leaving (contact your cell provider for suggestions)
8. Stay on board on one of the Port Days. That ship will be less crowded and you can enjoy the onboard amenities and maybe have the hot tub to yourself!
7. Make reservations ahead of time for spa treatments and special dining options.
6. Pre-book special Shore Excursions before the cruise. The ones you want me be sold out once you get onboard.
5. Skip the elevator and take the stairs (if possible). This way you can burn off some of those extra vacation calories.
4. Pay attention to the time when going ashore. You don’t want to miss the ship because you didn’t realize you were in a different time zone!
3. Bring a small duffle bag or carry-on bag for the first day of arrival onboard with incidentals that you may need for those first few hours, like your bathing suit and a change of clothing. Usually your staterooms will not be ready when you first get onboard and luggage can sometimes take several hours to be delivered.
2. Bring your important documents (passport or birth certificate, visas, credit cards). Check and double check with the ship for individual requirements. You will not be allowed onboard without these!
- Enjoy every moment! The days go by very fast on a cruise and soon you will be back to reality.
What tips would you add to this list? Let us know in the comments!
Like it? Pin it!