It’s very disappointing when you go on the vacation you planned and saved for and it rains the whole time. We have experienced this before and it’s super frustrating. Most recently it rained the entire time Ashley was in Georgia for New Year’s weekend. Not a great way to start 2017. You might feel like you are stuck in the hotel room all day, but it doesn’t have to be like that! While the rain might alter your plans, you can still have a great time and explore the city you are visiting. Grab your ponchos and have fun.
Rainy Day Vacation Ideas
- Go to the movies.
- Visit the mall.
- Find an indoor gaming place like Dave & Buster’s.
- See if there is a play or concert in town.
- Go bowling.
- Visit the city’s tourism website and check if they have rainy day activities. (Visit Sarasota has a great one here!)
- If it is not storming, grab an umbrella and explore in the rain.
- Ask the front desk if they have rainy day activities like board games or video games you can use.
- Check out local museums.
- Go to an indoor ice skating rink.
- If your hotel has an indoor pool, grab some food and drinks and spend the day at the pool.
- Get a spa treatment.
- Find a local nail salon and get your nails done.
- Go to a bar and have a drink (or two, or three!)
- Take a bus tour of the city.
- Have a fancy night out at a nice restaurant.
Most importantly, don’t get mad! Traveling doesn’t always go the way we want it to, but it doesn’t have to stop you from having a good time. And it gives you an excuse to visit again.
What have you done when it’s rained on your vacation? Share you rainy day vacation ideas with us!
Like it? Pin it!