Liebster Award Nominee
Thank you Hannah from London Girl Lost for nominating The Traveling Gals for the Liebster Award! Since getting more into blogging I have seen other Liebster Award nominees’ posts and thought it was a great idea and now I get to write my own post!
Liebster Award is an exclusive online mark of recognition given to new bloggers by other bloggers. It is a way to discover new talents and help promote them. Those who have been nominated and choose to accept the award, should follow a set of general rules that come along.
- Write about the Liebster Award
- Answer the set of questions posed by the nominator
- Reveal 10 facts about yourself
- Nominate new bloggers with less than 200 followers and notify them
- Ask a set of 10 questions for your nominees
- Thank whoever nominated you and link back to their blog
Questions from Hannah
- If you could visit one place on Earth and nowhere else after, where would it be?
If I could only visit one place on nowhere else after, it would be Antarctica. There is something very amazing about seeing such an untouched part of the world. I know a few people who have traveled to Antarctica and they have all said it is an unbelievable experience.
2. What are your tips for new bloggers who want to get their blog noticed?
Utilizing social media has been really helpful for me. I’ve joined a few Facebook blogging groups (which is how I discovered my nominator’s blog!) as well as groups on LinkedIn and Google+. It is important to obviously promote your own blog posts, but also getting involved in discussions and reading other people’s posts and commenting and sharing them on your social media sites is a great way to garner more attention and make blogging friends!
3. Where do you find inspiration for you blog posts?
Everywhere. We have a travel blog that is primarily run by me (Ashley) but the content comes from myself, my mom, and my grandma (The Traveling Gals!). Combined we have traveled to a lot of places, so our trips influence much of the content. We are also inspired by books and movies related to travel, and our favorite place: Disney World. Sometimes I will be on a walk and a bunch of post ideas will pop into my head and I have to quickly write them down before I forget. I have several pages of scrap paper with post ideas. It’s important to blog about things that truly interest you so you never get bored or run out of things to say.
4. What is your favorite cuisine?
If you are familiar with our blog, we eat pretty healthy. My mom is on a strict plant-based diet. My grandma and I eat healthy but that’s not to say we don’t indulge occasionally. We love going out to eat and my personal favorite cuisine is Asian. I love rice!
5. What influenced the title of your blog?
When I was thinking of a title I was writing down any and every idea that popped in my head. The Traveling Gals was one of those that I just kept going back to. I ran it by the other gals and they both liked it so that was it. I wanted my family to be involved with the blog because they are the reason that I have been so lucky to travel and why I love traveling so much to begin with!
6. Where in the world do you call home?
Sarasota, FL! We are originally from Chicago, IL but the weather is much nicer down here. 🙂
7. Which countries in the world have you visited?
Between the 3 of us we have traveled to: Aruba, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Vatican City, Honduras, Hong Kong, Italy, Jamaica, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Thailand, Turkey, Turks and Caicos, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam (I think that is everywhere so far!)
8. In terms of likes and comments, what has your most popular post been about?
So far our most popular post has been about a trip to Norway we took a few years ago. Norway is a beautiful country with fascinating fjords, mountains, and glaciers. One of my favorite memories is hiking up a mountain at Geiranger fjord.
9. Are you a part of any blogging groups? If so, which one?
I am part of a few Facebook and LinkedIn blogging groups, if that counts! On Facebook I am a member of Blogging Boost, The Blog Loft, and Blog/Engagement Promo Group. On LinkedIn I am a member of Travel Bloggers, Travel Blogger Network, and Travel Bloggers Around the World. There are so many great communities on Google+ it is hard to keep track of them all. I am always looking for new ways to get involved in the blogging community.
10. How often do you post to your blog?
The goal is to post 3 times a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It doesn’t always happen but we try to get our posts scheduled for those days.
10 Facts About Me
- I am an only child and love it.
- I have been on 20+ cruises. It is my favorite way to travel.
- I love to read. My favorite book is The Perks of Being a Wallflower and my favorite book series is Harry Potter. I reread all these books at least once a year.
- I worked on a cruise ship for a brief period of time. It was an interesting experience but I’m not sure I would recommend it.
- My favorite holiday is a tie between Halloween and Christmas. I love the decorations!
- My favorite movie is The Departed. I have seen it at least 10 times.
- I like doing crossword puzzles. I find them relaxing.
- My family has been taking me to Disney World since I was 2 years old. It is my favorite place to go and I have so many fun memories from our trips. We are Disney Vacation Club Members and I have an Annual Pass to both Disney and Universal. (Fun Fact: I am in Disney World right now writing this post!)
- I graduated from the University of Tampa with a degree in International Business. I had to transfer schools 3 times before I found the right one!
- My first concert was the Jonas Brothers. I saw them 3 times in concert and was very upset when they broke up.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award:
10 Questions for the Nominees
- Where do you live and where is your favorite place to go there?
- Do you prefer the city or countryside?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- How do you promote your blog posts?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- List three words to describe yourself.
- What are your favorite hobbies?
- Where do you do most of your blogging?
- Name your favorite celebrity (dead or alive).
Thanks again to Hannah at London Girl Lost for the nomination. Her blog is awesome you should definitely check it out! Looking forward to reading all my nominees posts!