*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of these links, we may make a commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Traveling Gals!*
Is Flamingo Friday a thing? If not, it should be! When you are in Florida, you might see quite a few plastic flamingos adorning front lawns. While the flamingo décor is fun, you might be wondering where you can see real live flamingos. Luckily there are some great places to go where you can see flamingos and learn more about them.
There are actually six known species of flamingos in the world. Flamingos used to be found in the wild in the southern most part of the state, but they are not known to breed here anymore. There are some great spots where you can see flamingos in Florida.
- Flamingo Gardens: Located in Davie, Flamingo Gardens is home to the Everglades Wildlife Sanctuary, as well as some beautiful botanical gardens. You can see Caribbean flamingos at the Flamingo Pond. Learn more here.
- Sarasota Jungle Gardens: At the Sarasota Jungle Gardens, the American flamingos are able to roam freely. There are actually over 200 animals and thousands of plant species you can see here. Learn more here.
- Busch Gardens: Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay has a flock of over 250 flamingos, as well as other animals and some super fun roller coasters! Learn more here.
- Sea World: Sea World in Orlando is home to dozens of our pink feathered friends. You can also rent flamingo-shaped paddle boats! Learn more here.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: There are several places throughout Animal Kingdom that you can spot flamingos. There is also a small flock at Animal Kingdom Lodge located by the pool area. Learn more here.
Do you or someone you know love flamingos too? Here are a few of our favorite flamingo things:
Tervis Flamingo Pattern 16oz Tumbler With Lid (FYI, this also comes in a wine glass version!)
Do you know of any other places you can see flamingos in Florida? Let us know on Facebook!
Like it? Pin it!