Rio, aka the Marvelous City, has no shortage of things to do. From the beaches, mountains, and exciting nightlife, you’ll have an action packed time during your stay. There is also plenty of great local food to enjoy. Rio also knows how to party with the world famous Carnaval happening every year before Lent.
Here are 10 things to do in Rio de Janeiro:
- Christ the Redeemer: One of the most recognizable statues in the world and also one of the Seven Wonders of the World sits at 2,330 feet elevation overlooking the city. This is definitely a must-see.
- Copacabana Beach: One of the more popular beach areas with lots of vendors and great people watching. Stay near the touristy areas at night.
- Sugar Loaf Mountain: Ride the cable cars up this 1,299 foot mountain and enjoy some seriously picturesque views of the city.
- Ilha Fiscal: Take a guided tour of this Gothic castle that was built in 1889.
- Lapa: This neighborhood features rows of tapas bars, nightclubs, and live music. If you came to samba and party, this is where you want to go.
- Ipanema Beach: This famous beach has beautiful mountain views.
- Hippie Fair: This market in Ipanema is where you can get artwork, souvenirs, and great local food.
- Jardim Botanico: Visit this garden and enjoy the 340 acres of more than 6,000 exotic and indigenous plant species.
- Maracana Football Stadium: Enjoy a lively football match at Rio’s stadium. Matches happen year round.
- Tijuca National Park: This large urban rainforest is 8,300 acres of waterfalls, hiking, picnic areas, rock climbing and even hang gliding. There are 1,600 plant species and 350 animal species in this national park.
There are just some of the great things to do in Rio de Janeiro. What are your recommendations for a trip to Brazil?
Like this post? Save it on Pinterest!