Melbourne is the capital city of the state of Victoria and the second most populous city in Australia. It’s an exciting city with a great food scene, lots of wine, art, culture, sports and more. It’s a great hub for your trip around Victoria.
Here are 10 things to do in Melbourne:
- Federation Square: Opened in 2002, this cultural hub features tourist attractions, special events, bars, restaurants and shops. It was voted the 6th best public square in the world.
- Queen Victoria Market: This large, open air market has been around since 1878. It features 700 small businesses. There is also a night market in the summer. If you’re a a culinary connoisseur, consider taking the two hour foodie tour.
- SEALife Melbourne: This aquarium is home to thousands of animals with glass viewing tunnels, educational talks, and feedings. It’s a great family attraction.
- Melbourne Museum: This is Melbourne’s natural and cultural history museum with many interesting exhibits. Great for families traveling with kids.
- Royal Botanic Gardens: Around since the mid-1800s, this 94 acre garden has regional specific plants you can learn about. It’s a great place to spend the day walking around.
- Port Campbell National Park: While not technically in Melbourne, you’re definitely going to want to make the trip. This is where you can see the famous Twelve Apostles rock formation. It’s a great place to explore. You can also take a helicopter tour.
- Melbourne Cricket Grounds: Check out the stadium for cricket and rugby and also houses the National Sports Museum. Try to catch a match if you can.
- Yarra Valley: This is the most well known wine region in the area with more than 70 wineries. You can take a wine tour with plenty of tastings.
- Brighton Bathing Boxes: These 82 colorful bathing boxes and boat sheds are located on Brighton Beach. Read more about the boxes in this article from Jetsetting Fools.
- The Block Arcade: This shopping area has boutiques, galleries and specialty food stores. It features beautiful architecture and is a nice place to walk around.
These are just a few of the great things to do in Melbourne. What are your recommendations?
Like this post? Save it on Pinterest!
We are participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge for the month of April. Check out our other posts here: